21.10.07

Sembreak

in response to your having limited experience with life in general, it is, alas, a truism that all writers have to deal with. either you're in front of that desktop writing, or you're out there having experiences. since you both want to write and have experiences, you'll have to do more with less - and that is practically the essence of writing.

this, a paraphrased quote from the movie Ask the Dust, hit a bulls-eye smack into my soul.

and so, hello again, bloggy. this time i offer no excuses for my negligence, as it was my choice to supposedly allot time for this site's maintenance. please accept, for the umpteenth time if you can even remember, my apologies.


anyway, sembreak - the three-week gap between your last exam or project and the registration period, the grace period before another nerve-wracking and physically demanding term, the days when daily allowance is nil, the age when ennui rules over its dominion of students - is here.

i don't want this break to be wasted; it's too precious and rare to be taken for granted. thus i laid out my agenda 4 an UPbeat 4th sem:

plump up the previous term was a flame short of hell, and i felt that i took a toll on my once-improving stature. now's the time to sleep early, rise late, and eat plenty.
tennisUP ahh, yes. my newfound love will not waver even if we're three jeeps apart. final rites are just lurking around the corner, my dear co-apps.
write-ups it's this simple: i need cash, and a peso for every word ain't that bad, i'd say. the job's to inject some sense into it, right sirs and ma'ams?
cheer up! definitely not the time to smart a frown - i have at least 5 more semesters for that. so show me some love and that cheeky, toothy, contagious smile!

the title sounds like one of those promising yet currently stagnating SONA platforms that our dear President promotes year by year. here's hoping that mine doesn't turn out likewise. lady luck doesn't seem to be that lenient towards me, though - earlier this afternoon my youngest bro whacked my right index finger with a badminton racquet, albeit accidentally.

with that said, i fly off to bed. *swoosh...*

No comments: