27.10.07

GC?

true happiness is when you expect it not. -anonymous

and of all things that could make me happy, here's a very unlikely source: CRS. yep, the very CRS which we [UP-Diliman chumps] all condemn for its slothly behavior and unrelenting favoritism [to those who have priority status].

well, it hasn't let me down yet, out of my five tries at the system. 16 out of 19 units isn't bad at all, and i got them in one solid run. but the better part? ahh, two days ago, i checked the View Grades section, and it brought mixed reactions out of my innards:

german 11 (3 units): 2.0
geog 1 (3 units): 1.25

a 2.0 in german? that's very much undeserved. i got a 4.0 in one of her exams, and, well, it was like i gave up on that subject even before the semester's halfway mark. but then... 1.25 in geog? that sucks. i took this subject a bit more seriously than one of my two majors. and i get this out of a virtually uno-able course? damn you sir!!! [haha, kidding :)]

last night, i checked it again, and it had me dancing on my heels.

psych 108 (3 units): 1.0
lingg 1 (3 units): 1.0
psych 110 (5 units): 1.50

this sem was supposed to be my worst, in terms of motivation and effort, especially in my two majors. but given the fact that i learned a lot while having loads of fun, i didn't care what happened to my grades. until now.

psych 110 was a major bummer; well, i didn't like statistics that much. but i did in his exams well enough to earn that grade. but psych 108? heck, he gave me a flat 1 for my half-page papers and awfully below-par quizzes? and lingg 1 - i computed my projected grade here, and it stood between 1.25 and 1.5.

nothing short of a miracle, but i'll take it. (thank You Lord!!!! GWA after 3 sems and 1 summer: 1.314)

just like that, and my morale is on a high... but then again, it always is. (",)

[Fully Updated Week Slam, accomplished!]

1 comment:

Vigile said...

keep it up gab. =P hahahaha...

tsk, tough luck with the uno-able geog1. i guess you should never judge a class before your grades come out eh? haha.

CRS was good news for me too. ^^ then again, i never condemned it. i was happy enough with it, even thankful, imagining how worse it used to be before. ^__^