24.10.07

I'll do better next time, promise

dad: guys, i saw a sign of the Second Coming.
me: seriously?
mike: ano naman yun?
dad: gabo's eating fish! (eyes widen, approach my plate) look!!

ahhh. i love my family. hahaha.

had to rise early this morning, running a few errands again for my dad and sibs. went to their school, and lo, behold, my eyes were met by dozens of schoolkids, parents, and educators, half of them waving flaglets of different nations.

me: kuya, ano po meron?
guard: ah, United Nations Day. pumaparada na yung mga bata ngayon.

wow, what a sight. these kids don't know anything about chaotic world written in today's newspapers; one guy was holding an Israeli flag and a Syrian one in one hand, an American and a North Korean in another. and more of the sort. pretty cool, and the costumes were hands-down awesome. one thing i noticed though: no Filipino flags. how realistic.

after that, i went back home and slept before heading to a 2 pm bonding session with some co-apps. i swore to my dad that i'd leave early... ended up spending 4 hours and all of my money. but i had fun, though.

anyway, i'm dead tired. i'm even surprised at how much i've written given the exhaustion. now off i fly. tschus!!

No comments: