3.12.06

wow. the blogger deities are showering blessings upon me. just when i was ready to hibernate again, typhoon reming comes around the corner. and so i had four days to think about my next column (syet, ang feeling ko! wooh!).

the downside is, i had nothing on my agenda during those past days. so, yes, i had the time - but nothing else. therefore, do not expect anything special for this weekend's edition.

again, another note:

1. haloscan comment and tracking system has been installed in this site, so if ever your insights will not fit the whole tagboard, you can say them here. the link will be found at the bottom of each entry.

me, the academe six of ten. one of ten. one of three. these were my quiz and recitation scores two weeks underway the second semseter. perhaps i'm pressuring myself too much; this is another chapter, and its demands are three notches higher than the first time around - but it just can't be helped - long before i've already realized that i was born to learn. and making mistakes is the most integral part of learning, i suppose. so i'll get used to it in no time... hopefully. so far i'm making progress - i finished my homework during the second of the four "vacation" days.

reming

boredom
heh. so i'm supposed to rejoice over the four-day weekend. not that i complained or anything, but a few things made me wonder if it was really worth the time:

1. can't help but feel for those guys down southern luzon (bicol region, marinduque, etc.) who were hit directly by the typhoon because they were in the way, 'twas not their fault that they were living there.
2. besides, there was the prospect of an island-wide electricity shut-off. right, no pldt mydsl, no signal reception for cellphones, no light bulbs. [but then, i had no credits, anyway.]
3. by this time i was feeling a bit under the weather, thus i was restricted to indoor activities. booh-ring.

the dreamer [enters a trance in 3, 2, 1:]

"if typhoon reming would directly hit manila, i wish that i would be on the roof of our house and that the wind would carry our roof away with me still on it."

these were my last words before globe deceptively took the life out of my cellphone. the next time i register to unlimitxt, i will say:

"but unfortunately, reming veered off southward to marinduque by friday morning. along with it went my crazy thoughts of being an aladdin together with my dream jasmine atop the magical roof. how pitiful."

[yikee, sino kaya si jasmine. haha... joke! don't take this seriously.]

[wakes up in 3, 2, 1] heh, whatever. at least reming's gone, there was no brownout, and that quite stalls the death toll.

the physically incomplete *sneeze.* one dog can be a nuisance for an asthmatic. two dogs can be a living nightmare. furthermore, my hair's started to grow awkwardly. and my weight's down three pounds. and we know that the whole of quezon city is clouded by smoke. on top of that, my eyebags are still there.

oh my. and i'm feeling paranoid.

yuletide?

chestnuts roasting on an open fire... jack frost nipping at your nose...

two and twenty days to go. time flies so fast, i'm not quite feeling the christmas spirit yet - not that i was ignorant of the burning lights in our neighborhood.

but then, i feel so... normal. after all, christmas is still just another day. maybe that's why i haven't thought of my "for santa" wishlist yet. or why i'm not saving money for gifts. heck, there's no single special note in my imaginary calendar. i guess i'll just give out lantern parade postcards to some of you guys come season's greetings.

see, i told you! nothing special. next wednesday, it will be all school life. or maybe something like that. everything is interrelated, you see. that's it for now, then. (",)

No comments: